4/01/2007

 

April Fools Depeche Mode Style

I'm always a little leery about April Fool's Day. I have a fear of practical jokes being pulled on me. So I try to just hide in my house and make it a lazy day alone. It's a nice, relaxing day and I always manage to avoid anyone pulling anything funny. Except for those silly Depeche Mode boys, that is. Every year I get an official DM fan email with some amazing news I just have to read more of, so I follow the link to their site and after a few clicks it becomes obvious I've been duped: a Depeche April fools joke. This year it happened again. The news announcement was that singer Dave Gahan is opening a trendy restaurant called The Bitter Apple in Manhattan. Not too far fetched, until you click into the totally legit looking website to read the menu - What would you order? "Dreaming of Meat?"; "Lasagna, in Itself?"; "Milkshake the Disease?"; or my personal favorite "A Quiche of Lust?" They even made a fake MySpace page for the place. Very funny boys. Start here and follow the links through to get in on the fun or just skip to the Depeche Menu here.

Labels:


Comments:
I never order menu items with a '?' in their name.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives