3/17/2007

 

Moz Mania

I nearly did a jig when I found out Morrissey was making a return to Spokane at the INB Center on May 5. He was in town a few years back, but I didn't end up going for some unknown stupid reason, and I've been kicking myself ever since. So - I am expecting someone to buy me tickets as a graduation present (you?), and will be there jumping and swooning like a shameless fanboy. I know I'm pathetic, I don't care: it's Moz. I called TicketsWest to find out when the sale date is and the girl goes (nasal voice alert!) "Uhhh....like, is that a concert or what?" and had nothing in her computer system as of yesterday. All I know is I need tickets, or I will place the back of my hand on my forehead and faint gracefully. Bitch betta not sell out me like Pixies did (in 20 minutes) when they opened their reunion tour here in 2005. Meanwhile, I've recently uncovered a Morrissey gem from last year that I somehow missed, tucked away as a B-side on some obscure format. It's a real rocker and I love the sentiment of the lyrics. Clearly, Moz's wit is still quite intact and his pen has yet to run out of poison. To save you the trouble of locating a copy of the track on Limited Edition picture disc from Holland or whatever, here's an MP3. Goda la musica!
Morrissey - Ganglord MP3, 256 kbps Ganglord, the police are Kicking there way into my house And hauting me Taunting me! Wanting me to break their laws. And I'm turning to you to save me... And I'm turning to you to save me... Ganglord, the police are Grinding me into the ground. The headless pack are back Small boy jokes and loaded guns And I'm turning to you to save me... And I'm turning to you To save me! Save me! Save me! Save me... Gandlord, there's a clock on the wall Making fun of us all Ganglord, the clock on the wall makes a joke of us all And I'm turning to you to save me And I'm turning to you To save me! Save me! Save me! Save me... Ganglord, remember The police can always be bribed Ganglord, remember! The police can always be bribed They say 'to protect and to serve' But what they really mean to say is "Get back to the ghetto! The ghetto, the ghetto Get yourself back to the ghetto! The ghetto! The ghetto! Get yourself back to the ghetto! The ghetto! The ghetto! "

Labels:


Comments:
Whoa! Everything is gone! I'm not getting any more error messages, though.... OrangeTV rules!
 
I'd love to see Morrissey, but like practically every other concert I want to go to, it doesn't work out with my wife's schedule. Ah well... I'll be having a Moz night on my iTunes on May 5th.
 
man that's a great song! thanks for posting! i just had to share it too, hope you don't mind!

wes
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives