6/08/2006

 

Peaches: Impeach My Bush

The new Peaches leaked onto the web today and naturally, I was right on top of that one. Impeach My Bush is a Peaches record through and through, no major artistic change of direction - just pure juicy in-your-face Peach nastiness exactly how we like it. Her 808 electro sound remains intact but the sonic pallete is richer thanks to the excellent co-production work of Mickey Petralia (Beck, Ladytron). Tracks bump and pump, hitting the brain's pleasure center like a long lost Vanity 6 album. Of course, there are also a couple of full-on rock stompers including the barn-burning "You Love It" which features the legendary Joan Jett on guitar. I nearly peed my pants the first time I heard the raunchy rhymes and mind-blowing double-time rap of "Slippery Dick" and the chorus "Slippery Dick / It's just a fish in the Atlantic" put me in tears. I had to listen to it three times in a row before I could carry on with the rest of the album. Pottymouth Peaches remains ironic and iconic, straddling that thin line between low and high brow in a detachedly perverse way only previously achieved by her pal John Waters. Impeach My Bush is massive and addictive.

Comments:
Yep, the production on this has taken her over the edge. Utter filth. Glorious.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives