5/12/2006

 

2006 CD Purchases Update

I haven't had a lot of extra cashflow for CD's of late, but I'd better update my ongoing list here before I lose track...This covers April and May (so far)... 53. Placebo - Meds (Hastings CDA, new $18.99) - An excellent album, and an improvement on the last few Placebo albums, it comes with a bonus DVD featuring a cool documentary, some unreleased tracks, and a must-have clip of the band performing "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep" with The Cure on French TV last year. 54. Ladytron - Extended Play (Hastings CDA, new $11.99) - I can't get enough of the trend of putting fun video extra stuff on a DVD and including it as a bonus disc with a CD, especially when the price is this good. The CD has some okay remixes and even better b-sides, but the DVD is where its at, with a really cool arty mini-documentary about Ladytrons tour of China last year. Cool! 55. Magnapop - Magnapop (Pawn 1, Spokane Valley, used $2.00) - I'd forgotten about this grunge era sugarpop band who piqued my interest on 120 Minutes, if I recall. Many years later, it's mine. 56. Love and Rockets - Earth Sun Moon (Pawn 1, Spokane Valley, used $2.00) - The first 4 L&R albums are underrated classics. This is such a great album with my faves "Mirror People" and "The Telephone Is Empty." I miss Daniel Ash's hair. 57. Erasure - I Say I Say I Say (Hastings CDA, used $4.99) 58. Erasure - Erasure (Hastings CDA, used $5.99) 59. Erasure - Cowboy (Hastings CDA, used $4.99) 60. Erasure - Nightbird (Hastings CDA, used $5.99) The new Erasure "Union Street" sent me on a bit of an Erasure kick one day. I actually owned most of these at some point but sold them used long ago. Thankfully, goog old Hastings was overflowing with used Erasure discs. I think I have all their CDs now, except 2, which is really something, I think. 61. Various Artists - Declaration of Independence (Pawn 1 CDA, used $3.00) - It's an NME freebie sampler of Domino records and includes Franz Ferdinand, Pavement, The Kills, and Fourtet among others. Decent comp. 62. The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia (Target CDA, new $9.99) - I dunno how this ended up as a featured sale title at Target. It's grandiose and vulgar, gothic and melodramatic. Who knew that such a melodious racket could come from just drums and piano, plus the haughty bellow of Amanda Palmer, who is Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas" personified as Tori Amos, complete with weird, tattooed-on eyebrows. I saw them perform a few songs on Craig Kilbourne randomly the other night, and was instantly smitten. Brilliant album! 63. David Bowie - David Live (Hastings CDA, used $5.99) - OK, I admit I already owned the Rykodisc version of this 1974 Double CD chestnut featuring the famous shot of Dave looking coked-out and cadaverous. But the price was right for this 2005 re-issue which restores the song order to it's original concert track listing. 64. The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed (Hastings CDA, used $5.99) - Used Stones CD's are really hard to find, and I'm on a mission to eventually own them all. 65. Revolting Cocks - Beers, Steers, and Queers (Hastings CDA, used $5.99) - This is a 2004 reissue of this classic chunk of industrial sleaze-funk. 66. Various Artists - Compounds & Elements (Hastings CDA, new $2.99) - Super low priced, and beautifully packaged, this All Saints label comp is heavy on the Brian Eno, Roger Eno, and Harold Budd.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives