7/06/2005

 

R.E.M.

So I'm back from outer space. It's a tad cheeseball, this I know, but never before have I been able to relate to the tune "I Will Survive" so damn well. REM's sour-milk acoustic version of the Gloria Gaynor classic only begins to create an impression of the heartbreak I have been in recovery from as of late. The sudden end of a two-year relationship sent me briefly into a downward swirl of tears and ciggarettes. (...and made me forget about this poor blog for a while...) It's never easy, I know, but this one I took a lot harder than I ever would have imagined. It's truly shattering to me that a love so deep could just flit away overnight...Ah well...Life - she does go on, as they say, and Old Man Time makes each day just a little less sad. Well, this is the only time I will whine about it here, then tomorrow it's back to more FlippyFloppy fun. I think I'm finally starting to feel ready to take on whatever this Tilt-a-Whirl of a world has for me next... R.E.M. - I Will Survive (Acoustic) MP3 2.87MB,128kbps,44kHz

Comments:
Just be thankful that you aren't Dan Rather and don't have some nutter running after you saying, 'Kenneth, what's the frequency?' while punching and kicking you.

I suggest you go grab a copy of Charles Trenet's fabulous "Douce France" and croon away with that.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives