6/15/2005

 

Shakira

Okay - it's back to DAILY updates around here I swear. I've been just too busy getting ready for some new Flexible Records releases (soon!) - I haven't been a total slacker. Also, to the snit who put up comments somewhere around here about why I use boldface here and there for no apparent reason, I say to you - haven't you ever read Mad Magazine? 'Nuff said. I can't put my finger on exactly why but I (heart) Shakira. This Colombian dynamo has just released her latest CD Fijacion Oral Vol. 1 and I'm hooked. Sometimes sounding like an Hispanic Gwen Stefani, elsewhere like a female fronted Depeche Mode (her favorite band), the album bounces around everywhere covering all kinds of territory. Even though I understand very little Spanish, Skakira is able to create moods and convey emotions with just the charming sound of her big huge voice. Man, can that girl sing! Plus, she is an absolutely gorgeous sweaty, gyrating hottie. Go ON, girl!

This track is my favorite from the album so far. It's toitally melodramatic and synth-poppy and I love the way she hits that note in the chorus, expressing all the frustration and madness of love in one gripping instant. Brilliant.
Shakira - La Pared
MP3 4.56MB, 192kbps, 44kHz

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Archives